Semaglutide belongs to a class of medications known as glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, or GLP-1 RAs. It mimics the GLP-1 hormone, released in the gut in response to eating. One role of GLP-1 is to prompt the body to produce more insulin, which reduces blood sugar (glucose). Higher amounts of GLP-1 RA also interact with specific parts of the brain to produce a feeling of a suppressed appetite and a feeling of being full.
Semaglutide therapy offers new hope for those seeking an effective and sustainable weight loss-solution, which can lead to an improvement in overall health and reducing the risk of obesity-related complications, particularly in conjunction with changes in diet and exercise.
After months of testing and developing policies and procedures around Semaglutide here at Twin Rivers IV & Wellness, we are happy to announce that we are now expanding this service to many of the Twin Rivers lounges. We’re super excited to help clients continue to improve their overall wellbeing with hydration, vitamin and mineral support, pain management, anti-aging and now… medically supervised weight loss.
But there is a catch: You will not be able to just order this prescription medication over the internet like many fly-by-night operations are offering. Our program requires more depth to help ensure you are not only driving towards results, but maintaining other health markers as well.
The Twin Rivers’ program includes the following:
- Blood labs draws to assess important age and gender related markers (ie. Pregnancy)
- Online consult with MD to review lab results and discuss questions, concerns, and ultimately acceptance into the program
- In-lounge visit with a Registered Nurse to learn appropriate self-care medical procedures
- Ability to visit a Registered Nurse in lounge with any questions during treatment
- Final blood draws at end of the 20-week program to assess a new maintenance program (or continuation of current protocol)
- Nutrition and exercise support throughout the program
- Medicine produced right here in the USA by a leading licensed pharmacy